Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 7, Feb. 21, 2011

I need to catch up with technology, but is that even possible? For my Online Journalism class, we’re taking a few weeks to learn to upload our video creations to various online sites and formats. Linking and embedding them to blogs was easy since I’ve already done it, so that wasn’t a problem. As a class we’re pretty familiar with YouTube, so the next step in preparation for our final (which is a live newscasting) was to create our own channel on Livestream.com and manage our videos there.

Now uploading videos of others is one thing, but recording myself online LIVE is another! Luckily our assignment was just a simple 5 minute interview with someone else over any topic, so we could focus more on creating the storyboard and messing around with the various options Livestream Studio offers. Thank goodness for tutorials. At first glance I was extremely confused with all the options and gadgets, (like how to turn the camera off) but continual attempts at creating a webcast proved to be successful.

I can see how this would be handy for tutorials or webcasts within a classroom and can be easily incorporated into Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. I don’t know how interesting my own channel would be, but learning a new skill is always helpful. After watching some extra tutorials on YouTube I realized that I’m far from knowing all types of technology and as soon as I learn one program, there’s another one to replace it!

Click on the Livestream.com to link you to their site. I hope to get a link to my own channel set up here soon.
* Photo from mashable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment